Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dear Living Room-

You are boring me. You are too dark. You are old news.

It's not me, it's you. I am breaking up with you.

I am trading you in for something fresh.

Starting with this:


And this:

Thanks for everything. Now it's time to kiss you goodbye.

Love,
Rach



Dear Blog Readers-

Dying to see what the heck I am up to? Maybe not but I am going to pretend you are elated about my new living room decor.

Do you want to redo your living room? Or another space? Let me help you do it on the cheap, and with major style.

The trick is re purposing vintage furniture. See that dresser up there? $60.00 on my local classified ads web page. A little sand paper and paint and I will have a rocking one of a kind piece that is built better than most things you can buy these days for triple the price!

It's green and it's crafty. You just have to be patient. It can day a week or two to find what you are looking for but the planet and your pocket book will thank you.

Stay tuned.



PS- Ronan says "Hi!"




6 people had this to say...:

Casie said...

Hey Rachel, If you want to decorate your house for cheap, check out this website: http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/
My girlfriend and her friend created it and I am so impressed with her creativity on a budget! Good luck with your new living room! Can't wait to see it all finished.

Candace said...

Hi Rach! We're working on our family room as we speak. Did you buy an Ikea couch? I think I remember you buying one. If so, how has it held up? I'm a little sketched out but yet I can't seem to find anything else. I absolutely despise traditional RC Willey style.

Anonymous said...

Rachel--this is serious fun. I tore out a built-in and wallpapered my walk-in closet with wallpaper in light blue and khaki in a similar pattern as your black and white. It looks amazing and makes me happy in the morning....I am thinking of adding a chandelier in there too, if Karl will let me..........
Aunt Hilary

{amy k.} said...

can't wait to see what you're doing! I LOVE both the dresser and that fabric or whatever it is! :) I have a hutch sitting in my garage waiting for my help to prettify it up... can't wait to get it done, I love it!

Marce said...

we love garage-saling!!! it's the best to find unique pieces that you can creatively design...cna't wait to see the finished product!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I just saw a piece of furniture almost like this at the hospice shop when I was dropping off stuff. Plus, question to Hilary. Is your wallpaper Norwall? I just saw some in blue/khaki like this in that book. It was nice!
Nana