Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fussy Time and Gripe Water


Ronan has reached a bit of a fussy phase. He doesn't like to be put down long and wakes up after about two hours of sleep. We are used to him sleeping for four hours, so we are a bit sad at the new turn of habits. But Ronan is so freaking cute, I don't really mind. Well, not too much.
We were referred by the pediatrician to an over the counter remedy for fussy/gassy babies.....
Gripe Water.
I know, what the heck it that?
It is a homeopathic thing, made up of baking soda, water, fennel oil, alcohol and a few other things. Apparently it has been used by Moms and Nannies in England since the 1800's to calm a gassy tummy. Ronan definitely has a gassy tummy.
I feel so bad for him when he gets all crunched up and sad with an upset stomach. But this stuff seems to work.
So if you have a fussy baby ask you pediatrician and pharmacist about Gripe Water.
And if you have any advice for a gassy baby, PLEASE comment me! I need sleep. :)

3 people had this to say...:

Becky Green said...

Rachel!!! I'm so excited for you and John! Cutest baby ever. :) And you look beautiful as usual. You'll have to let me know when I can come visit. And if you EVER need a babysitter, I would absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to help you! Anyway, I was so excited to hear you had your baby and I hope all is well. Love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Both my babies are way too cute!!! Rachel B and Ronan B! Can't wait to come next week.
Love,
Nana

Becky Green said...

Oh I'm always in Utah. :) And I would LOVE to come! Let me know what time and everything. My number is still (714)213-2214 so give me a ring anytime.