Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Liar Liar Maternity Pants on Fire!



This is what will happen to me, because of the sin I committed today. (not kinky, you dirty minded people!)

On Friday I bought movie tickets online for a showing of Stardust later that evening for John and I.

That was the day I went up to Salt Lake to get my hair done, and things took a little longer than I had hoped. John and I missed our movie.

I thought it was no big deal. We have had our movie tickets refunded before, and this situation would be no different. Wrong. I had bought them online. There are no refunds for online tickets.

That made me angry. No way were these dudes getting my $18.50, for a movie I never saw! It didn't say "no refunds" on the web page when I purchased my ticket.

So I got a hold of an e-mail address and wrote this little lie of an e-mail:

To Whom it may concern-
We were unable to attend a showing for tickets we purchased online because I went into labor on Friday night. We would really appreciate a refund as $18.50 is a lot of money especially with a new baby….
It was for the 6:45pm showing of Stardust on 8/10/07 at Cinemark 16 in Provo.
Confirmation Number: 40356872782
I realize that you do not usually give refunds, but we would appreciate it if you would be kind enough to make an exception as this is an unusual circumstance.
-Rachel

Guess what? I got this back.


Rachel,
Congratulations on your new baby! We are happy to refund these tickets to your credit card. You should see the credit post within 2-3 business days. Thanks!



Sweet refund satisfaction. And for all of those who think I am a sinner, well I am, but a rich sinner.

1 people had this to say...:

Meagan said...

YESSSSSS! I love it. ha.