Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I made dinner!

Those of you who know me, know that I do not cook. It's not that I can't cook, it's just that I don't want to after a long day at work.

Not cooking is not an option when you have a bountiful garden unless you want your veggies to rot, or to eat stacks of raw vegetables.

So last week I printed off some recipes with my garden produce as the Key ingredients, and grocerie shopped for the first time with actually cooking of meals in mind.

Shockingly cheaper!

Last night I made stuffed bell peppers. I used brown rice, and lowfat hamburger. I made the tomato sauce, salsa and seasoning from everything I have grown in my garden. In order to use everything I had picked I had to make about 12 stuffed peppers, and fill the bottom of the dish with additional meat, cheese and veggies. It was Delicious! I am impressed especially since I made up the entire recipe.

I used Roma and beef tomatoes, cilantro, onions, Anaheim chilies, Cayenne peppers, bell peppers and herbs from my garden!

Tonight I am having a tomato basil Italian sandwich with home made basil fries!

Look at me all domesticated and stuff!

2 people had this to say...:

Anonymous said...

Move over Martha Stewart!!!
Nana Poppet

Meagan said...

sweet, I hope you finally used that knife I bought you, and yeah, it is suprisingly WAAAAAY cheaper to eat at home. lol who knew