Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bragging Rights




(Click to enlarge)


Many of you know that my husband is in a serious Progressive Metal band. He is an amazing drummer. I am not just saying that, he is one of the best out there. Really.

Anyway and his band released their third album this spring. Oblivious to the Obvious. Their style is an "acquired tasted" and their genre of music is not your typical stuff.

Over the last eight years my friend Lisa and I have been roadies, agents, talent scouts, publicists, and in band slaves in general.

Sometimes I tease John that he married me because I had a truck and he needed a roadie.

With the release of this last album I got to do the artwork and photography. And I never bragged about it on my blog.

I kind of hated the project at the time. It lasted during most of my pregnancy and for months after. Looking back, it was worth it. And hey, the best projects are often the ones that suck the most while working on them. No pain, no gain.

So here is the cover that I did in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS3. This is a composit of images and then hand painted on my Waccom tablet. I am talking literally painting each hair on that girls head.

It took forever.

But I really like it.

If you don' already know, I do this kind of stuff for a living as well as photography. It is a great job sometimes, and other times it really blows. But I guess that is how all jobs are.



These are the disc faces. It was a double album. Each image reflects a song title on that particular disc.





0 people had this to say...: