Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It has been a while....

Is it just me, or is everyone depressed? It seems like this winter will never end. The weather keeps tricking us. I hate Utah for it. These false hopes. I am a Californian and I require SUN!
One day it is Spring. Wonderful, beautiful Spring. 80 degrees outside, and the birds are back.

The next day it is freaking snowing on my newly, and granted, early planted Spring crops.

It seems like nobody is blogging either. There is not much to blog about. Everybody is holding their breath waiting for a new season, and a second blogging wind.

Well, I am going to start the trend.

Wake-up everybody.
Nana came and spent the last week with us, and pulled us out of this winter rut. She got me back on top of things.
We had a lot of fun shopping for my sister's wedding. Now I have been enlisted to help with my High School buddies wedding too. There are several others that I am working on too. I love that kind of thing. The crafty aspects of it all.
Here is Stink, helping with the wedding buffet dishes. We are planning on serving her as on of the treats.
Nana had a great time with Ronan. She took us to the park on one of the less wintry days.

John released his third album, and played a CD release show a few weeks ago. We got this print today. I am excited to hang it. He is a bad ace on the drums if I do say so myself.

Ronan made sure to save up some milestones for Nana's visit. He decided to stand all by himself.


He is so pleased with his new trick. Nana was excited that he saved it for her visit. He also FINALLY started to hold his own bottle which gives me so much extra time. But I still like to feed him for the cuddles.

What a happy chunky little man!

We plan on getting back into the swing of blogging so be on the look out.


6 people had this to say...:

Candace said...

You really are alive! I was wondering when I would get another post. Stink is getting married? or your other sis?

Amen to enough of this crappy weather. Yuck. I wish I was in Arizona or Cali right now too.

Anonymous said...

How are our crops? I've been doing my own yard work since I got home, excellent workout for the mid-section! Elliptical is now hooked up, I can win the prize, and I expect it to be good!!!
Nana
p.s. kisses for the little man.

{amy k.} said...

too funny- I guess if I would've saw your page for the first time today I would've known for sure! Your mom is such a sweetheart! I stayed at her house the first time I visited Jeff's family. I lived in Brentwood until I was 10 and ended up meeting Jeff at BYU... it really is a small world! And yes, I'm a very lucky girl! Glad we could be blog buddies! :)

Merrill Family said...

yeah your back!! I miss you funny entry's and cute little boy!
Emily

Violet said...

California misses you, too. I couldn't handle having it all snowy and grey right now... Want me to send you some sunny, tee-shirt weather?

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for you to blog again. I thought you went on hiatus. Ronan has a fan club don't you know.

I haven't posted anything for awhile myself. No one really wants to hear about what's going on in my life right now (believe me) and I just don't have the energy to put up a pretend one at the moment.

I've got something to mail to Ronan, so hopefully now that I've said it I'll get off my butt and mail the package!

I think everyone's ready for spring. It's supposed to snow tomorrow and I put away the kids heavy coats last weekend. I should have known better than to get a head start. I'm going to have to cover my hostas, lillies, and tulips that are already starting to grow. What I want to do is start working on my garden.