Friday, June 27, 2008

Burn and Itch

My legs, ankles and feet are so swollen and the skin pulled so tight that it burns as if I have a terrible sunburn.

I have legs that are straight down from the fattest part of my thigh down to my toes with no further definition to show what is a knee, calf or ankle.

I would have to say I have thightoes instead of legs or even cankles.

I am getting stretch marks on the tops of my feet and backs of my knees from all the water retention.

30 days left? You have got to be kidding me.

Somebody save me.

1 people had this to say...:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading up on this, and a couple of suggestions are:
1. Go to a pool and float, or sit in a cool bathtub up to your shoulders in water for a half hour. This relieves the pressure on your veins and legs, and allows the blood to return to your body, which decreases the swelling.
2. Try to eat only lean protein and veggies, no starch, sugar, or cabonated drinks as these contribute to swelling.
3. You can check with the doctor to see if you can add Epsom salts to the bathtub which decreases itching.
4. Some foods decrease swelling such as onion, and garlic. I can't remember the others, but you can find this by googling them.
Hope something helps. Love you, Mom